Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF, except it means 1 day closer to school starting!

I had another good day of quilting. The machine is working well. I really think that I wouldn't have the ups and downs quilting if I just quilted a little every day, or even several days a week. I could be wrong, but it went really well this week, and seemed to go better the more I did. It is so much fun to quilt when it goes smoothly, no thread breaking & other problems. It is just hard when I work at school and teach classes to get anything else done. I quilted a smallish (57 x 69") one today, and a tablerunner. The runner went really fast...they are fun to do. I quilted the Oak Leaves panto on the quilt...it was in browns and golds, so used dark gold thread and I think it looks nice. The runner I used the scrolls, as when they are going across the length, they look kinda like fireworks....or maybe it is just in my mind. Some things are...just in my mind....it can be a scary place.

I go back to school next Wednesday, which will be fun, but just more work!!!! It is nice to have the summers off from school & only work one job. The fun one!!! Though I have to say working in the library is fun too, get to look through all those books! Didn't get as many school library books read as I hoped, but have been caught up reading Stephen White's books about Alan Gregory. My sister Kathy got me started on him. They are really good. I need to go to the library and get some more as I have run out of all I had here. (Nancy sent some back with me too). I am reading Stalemate by Iris Johansen. It's good so far. I haven't read anything by her before, but looks like she has many books, so might have to if I like this one.

No comments: