Thursday, July 23, 2009

I won the Ugly Quilt Contest!!!!

A few weeks ago I entered the Quilting Bloggers Ugly Quilt Contest with my first quilt that I made for my daughter (which ended up a disaster)! I found out last night that I won this beautiful trapunto quilt from Geta Grama!!!! I am so excited as I have admired her work for a long time and will treasure owning this quilt. I want to try her technique of trapunto soon, as she is selling her pattern now. Thanks Geta for donating this prize and thanks to Michele of Quilting Gallery for hosting this contest!

Thanks to one and all that voted for me, I appreciate it. I will be drawing the names for the bag giveaway tomorrow, so you can still enter.

20 comments:

Betsy said...

Congratulations! Your prize is unique and delightful. Where will you display it?

Patty said...

Congratulations on both of your wins! I love Geta's work too, and had entered her giveaway. I'm glad someone I know won it.

M. Regina said...

Congratulations, beautiful prize. hugs from Brasil.

Geta Grama said...

Hi Jean,

The little quilt is on its way to you ! I hope you will like it !

Jan said...

Ohhhhhhhhh that's wonderful Jean! Congratulations :) It is a real beauty!!!

Pat said...

It seems strange to congratulate someone because they had a quilt that won an UGLY quilt contest!!! LOL

Cora said...

Hello Jean, You're a lucky lady. The quilt is lovely. Your daughter must be proud of you.

Barb said...

That is wonderful, you won and....such a nice prize too.

Angela said...

Congratulations Jean...I think!! Angela

Carole said...

I want to comment here!!
Congratulations!!

Vivian said...

Pat said exactly what I was thinking. But sincere congratulations on being the winner, Jean. You have a lovely gift headed your way.

Judi said...

Congratulations on your win. That is some prize you got. The quilt you made your mom is nice and you did a great job quilting it.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Congratulations! :-)

arlette said...

Your prize it's a beautiful quilt, as I said before, I don't think your quilt were ugly, but congrats. Thank you so much for being my follower ;), I'll keep my eyes on you, I like your work

Chris H said...

Woo hooo... I'm thrilled you won, you deserved to with such an 'Ugly' Quilt. Said with ever so much warmth of course!

Chris H said...

Woo hooo. I'm thrilled you won with your Ugly quilt! I bet you thought it was beautiful at the time! We all do with our first.

Julianne said...

Congratulations

Willeke de la Chambre said...

Wauw this is really a great present to get! Beautiful!!!
greetings,

Stephanie D said...

What a beautiful prize!! Congratulations!

Maggi said...

Congratulations on winning the prize. I am sure you will love it.