Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cottage Swap

I got my Sept. cottage from Betsy...this is so cute and fallish...
there is even a cute acorn button to put on after the project is finished.
She also made a label for the quilt....on her embroidery machine. She is getting pretty good at this! If you visit her blog, you know that she is really into that these days, plus I thought it was funny that she cut it in the shape of a hexagon! She is also really good at them and maybe that is her hint that we need to learn how?

I started quilting a quilt for a friend yesterday, it is a wedding gift for her son. She used a pattern of mine that has a 3-D effect that I taught a few years ago. It is bold in blacks, burgandy and brown. I will take a pic when finished. It is gorgeous.

I have no classes this week so maybe I can get on here a bit more. Maybe I will even get back to the Lone Star. Last week was crazy, in a good way of course!

7 comments:

Betsy said...

well I am glad you liked it.
You know how I feel about hexies. Can't wait to see what you make for your friend. Week 2 of school starts tomorrow and then a 3 day weekend. Yes!

Pat said...

Hey...I don't think my label was cut in a hexagon shape. What does THAT mean? LOL

Cora said...

Those are some great looking blocks.
I know I'm not ready to try a hexagon pattern.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute house & label! Have a great week!~

Vivian said...

Lucky lady. The house block is adorable, and that label is something special.
Happy Monday, just around the corner.

Barb said...

Yes, I agree, it is very cute...

Judi said...

Cute blocks.