Sunday, November 15, 2009

Quilting finished

I finished quilting my friend's Stack & Whack quilt yesterday so could give it to her during class. I really like this pattern and how it fills in...she did too. Now on to finishing the T-shirt quilt.
Here's the back.

The Lone Star Quilt class met for the 2nd time...lots of beautiful quilts in various stages of being done. I posted the pix to my Flickr account, so go check them out. It is so much fun to see them all come together.
My sister-in-law Denise finished sewing her circles together and brought her double wedding ring center to share. You might remember when I posted about her working on it when we got together and sewed last year. I have to admit, I had my doubts about this one getting finished, not because she is a quitter, but a DWR is a big project. She paper pieced the rings, which took a long time. She is going to put a border of people holding hands next...should be cool!

12 comments:

JustCindy said...

Your friend's quilt is gorgeous as is your s-i-l's DWR.

Barb said...

Love the first quilt...your stack n whack.

Your sister in laws quilt is amazing....actually love all that you showed.

Angie Kritenbrink said...

That Denise is always so creative! I can't wait to see the border.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for all of the Star eye candy on your Flikr site. There is really a large variety of colors and fabric styles.

Your sister-in-law's quilt is beautiful!!

Betsy said...

I love it all. Your students always do a great job.

Julianne said...

All lovely quilts. Such fun to see what others are doing.

Heather said...

Ahh... gorgeous eye candy, Jean. Each and every one! I can't imagine doing all that paper piecing on Denise's quilt. I'm super impressed! :o)

Chris H said...

You are an amazing quilter! That pattern is just gorgeous!

Margarita said...

Love the Stack & Whack quilt Jean and those lone stars are beautiful, one day I will attempt one of those. Your quilting is exquisite.

Margarita said...

Another comment from me Jean, just to see if I have fixed the problem, lol still love the quilt

Willeke de la Chambre said...

My compliments to Denise!
It's a Really lovely quilt!!!!
greetings,

Willeke de la Chambre said...

My compliments to Denise!
It's a Really lovely quilt!!!!
greetings,