I had another funky old chair I wanted to recover at work, so I drew a paper pattern of the seat, so I wouldn't have to take the chair home. I wanted to make a cover for the seat, so I decided to quilt the fabric so that it would hold it's shape better.
I then cut it out using my pattern and added the gusset and a drawstring to tighten it on. It actually fit pretty well!
I took some fabric to work with me Monday so that I could reupholster the back, as it was small and looked like it would be easy to do.
I wish I would've take a picture of it before, but I'm not taking it apart again as that back was a booger to get back on, so you will have to just imagine ugly gold vinyl! It is still a pretty funky chair, but at least it is prettier now!
Now it looks so much better that I think I need to make a cover for my desk chair at work! It's not ugly, but plain, black and boring.