The other night I was looking through some fabrics that were left from other projects. I was going to meet with some friends from work to teach them the basics of rotary cutting, so needed something to demonstrate cutting. They want to learn to quilt and are going to take the next stringpiecing class but needed some help getting started so they could precut some strips before class.
I found these strips and pieced strips that were left after I made a baby quilt a few years ago. There were also some leftover pieces of most of the fabrics. So I took them with and after demonstrating and helping them get started cutting, I worked on cutting up the leftover fabrics into similiar size strips as what I had. They did a great job and I got my cutting done.
I have been thinking about what I would do with them since I found them the other night. I know there is enough left for a baby quilt, so decided something simple would be best. Tonight I worked on putting borders on the pieced strips for a simple block. I think these will make a cute baby quilt.
I made 12 blocks so far. I have lots of strips left, so could make more blocks if I want. Or maybe a piano key border.
This is the fabric I bought for the back on the stringpieced quilt that I finished the other day. Hopefully I will get it on the quilting frame in the next few days.