Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day and sewing

I received this for Mother's Day  from my daughter in Seattle yesterday. I love the color and it is a nice size too. She had sent me some little wallets for Christmas, and they match! Sorry, this pic insists on publishing sideways! So cute and I love it. It is so much fun getting goodies in the mail, isn't? I am getting together with my other 2 daughters tonight. One of them has to work all day Saturday & Sunday so this works out best. The other one and  I will go to Earling to see my mom Sunday.

I have been quilting the quilt I loaded Sunday. It is almost finished. I started putting some cobblestone blocks together the other night. Not sure of the total plan, but it will be simple. Just something fun to work on that I don't have to think too hard about. I need to start thinking about a new Sampler too, since those classes will restart in July.


6 comments:

Barb said...

yes, it is so fun to get things in the mail....what a lovely gift.

Betsy said...

Happy Mothers Day Jean. Sounds like you have a good time planned with your daughters

Patty said...

Happy Mother's Day Jean. I love the blue bag. Your daughter has good taste! What are cobblestones?

sewfunquilts said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. Yes, it's always wonderful to get gifts in the mail. Pretty bag. And now dinner too??

My daughter sent me a box too, and son sent flowers. Go to my blog to see the pictures.

Micki said...

Looks like a fun project!
Happy Mother's Day!
Micki

Chris H said...

Very pretty bag, and the fabrics you are using are devine!