Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Quilting, writing and a new floor...

I finished quilting my sister's wedding gift for my niece and fiance. I can't show the front as she hasn't seen it, though she picked out the quilting pattern, so she knows she's getting a quilt. I like this panto because it is busy and fills in well. Plus you can't see the rows as well.

I have also been working on writing the patterns for the new sampler...almost finished, just have 2 blocks left. That's as much work as making the quilt by the time I add illustrations. Too much thinking some days!

I hung some class models last night when I went in to teach class. I will be starting 4 new samplers next month.

The floor guy came yesterday and started my kitchen/bathroom floor. I am so excited, over a floor! Silly, I know. It should be finished by tomorrow or Friday.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks wonderful from the back! She will love it!! Yay, for a new floor!

Betsy said...

Love the quilting on the quilt Jean. I hope you can share pictures of your new floor. Anything new in a home is always exciting.

Vivian said...

I like that panto. Looking forward to seeing the flip side.
You're not silly, being excited over a floor. Updates and change in our homes is usually a big positive. My stomach did excited flipflops when we painted our kitchen cupboards. Floors are just as exciting!

Julianne said...

I love the texture that panto gives. What is it called. I might need one. LOL

Sharon said...

Great quilting...can't wait to see the "good" side!

And yes, even floors can be exciting, 'specially if it's yours!

Writing patterns can be a real brain strain. Hope it goes well!

quiltingnana said...

busy busy lady....

Barb said...

I can't wait to see the front....

sounds like some fun redos are happening over there...you will show pictures?

Anonymous said...

What is the name of the panto on the wedding quilt. I love it. Thanks for blogging. Looking forward to seeing that sampler finished up