Friday, August 6, 2010

New Quilt! (& not so exciting house report too)

It is so much fun to start a new quilt, isn't it? I decided I have worked hard enough on my house this week, so I can sew today! I cut the fabrics this morning for the Kaffe Fassett pattern, Diamonds Forever, taken from the June/July issue of Quilt magazine. I have been collecting some of his large floral prints as well as others for awhile now and when I saw that pattern I decided this is why!

I've been cutting all morning, so am taking a break, then will start sewing. Looks like it will be fun and easy to make.

I scrubbed the cupboards the other day & put the new handles on  yesterday, so they look much nicer.

My daughter came over Wednesday and helped me tear out the carpet in the sunroom. That is where I have all my "stuff", computer, tv and sewing machine. It looks so much nicer too. We had taken out the carpet in the living room and dining room a long time ago, as we have hardwood floors and I hate carpet. Just never had gotten around to the sunroom. After cleaning it well, and applying several layers of Orange Glo, it looks pretty good.
House report over.

8 comments:

quiltingnana said...

good work on the sunroom....love the pink flowers in the pieces you cut

Angie Kritenbrink said...

I still think you should paint the cabinets!! But I know you did a lot this summer in your house. Maybe next year.

Micki said...

The sunroom looks awesome! I love the fabrics for the new quilt!
Micki

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like hardwood better too. I'm glad it was there for you to reveal. You can hear a pin or needle hit the floor now, with that little 'ping'. I should make that quilt too. After seeing Jackie's at Canton Village quiltworks I located my diamond template.

Betsy said...

you are so right! Your floors look fabulous. I have seen the quilt you are making and I know it will be beautiful.

Unknown said...

Yay, you are making this quilt too!! I don't know if you got a chance to see mine all finished, but I posted about it a few days ago. I just love this quilt!! I know yours will look fantastic. Can't wait to see your progress. The floor looks fabulous. I am with you, I prefer wood over carpet.

Toni said...

Can't wait to see your Kaffe project! It will be bright and beautiful!

YAH for cleaning report! It's easier to be accountable with you keep us posted!! :)

imquilternity said...

Your floor looks absolutely stunning...so shiny and perfect! Have fun quilting and please show us the results when you are done.