Saturday, June 4, 2011

Forgotten hexies?

 After I cut the diamonds from the new fabrics, I decided to cut some 3" squares for my hexies. I haven't been working on them lately, but hope to get back to them soon. It will be fun to have some new fabrics to use.
 I keep everything for the hexies in this cookie tin, works great and easy to grab. Here is a previous post of the hexies that are sewn together. (This doesn't fit in the tin!) I am going on a family camping trip this weekend, so am taking it with just in case I want to sit and sew.
I have a few partially finished. Since I only have 88 plastic templates, I have to make some and sew them together so that I can take the templates out and use them again. I love the plastic templates! I could order more, but it is sort of a challenge to just keep reusing them.

Off to pack for a fun weekend with family!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Enjoy your weekend and have fun sewing!

Barb said...

Have a fun week-end....

Enjoyed seeing your hexies.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If you had an unlimited number of plastics you might never make any flowers. It is good to have limits to pace us.

Julianne said...

Have a fun week end. What do you use the tape for. I see it in the tin with the hexies.