Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Marvelous M, Sew-In Tuesday and some more leftovers....

 I spent the day yesterday working on a design for a new sampler quilt and running copies for a class that starts tonight.  Eventually I got around to the Marvelous M...it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Or maybe it is just Lynne's good instructions! Can't wait to get these finished so I can start putting the ABC Sampler together.
I had lots of leftover strips after I made the Hexagon Spin a few months ago. I have a tub for leftover strings, but there were too many to put in the tub. I thought I should do something with them.  So they have been sitting here, just waiting for me to get around to it. The other night, I started sewing them together in groups of 2s. I doubled the pairs twice to end up with sets of 8. They are basically about 20"  or so long and I have 7 of them.There are some more strips, but I want to save some of them to make alphabet letters with. I made an L and M, but I can't get the picture to load correctly...it keeps loading sideways. Maybe it will behave tomorrow.

I'm going to sew all day with friends, and have a class tonight. A very quilty day!

5 comments:

Julianne said...

Humm.. What will you make with your srips?

Darling Millie said...

That M looks terrific!

Karen said...

Looks like your "M" went together very nicely! Have fun!

Barb said...

What a day to spend time sewing with friends.....your letter quilt will look so wonderful!

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Your M looks great!