I worked on these swap blocks yesterday during the Tuesday Sew-In. Had a great time and finished the blocks I had started for a total of 10. I cut out a few more before I had to leave.
Today after some cleaning and grocery shopping, I worked on the letter K. I am not too happy with my Ks. The first one turned out too big. The second one was better, but I decided I should straighten it up and in the process, cut off the bottom of the right leg. So it looks like it might tip over. Note to self: lay the ruler down on it or place a fabric strip over it at the place you think you want to cut and then check it before cutting. I made it like Lynne, but you will see that she didn't straighten hers up vertically. I could've added a piece of background to that side and then straightened it up. Then my K wouldn't have to limp.