Saturday, January 28, 2012

A bit more....

 When I first put this layout on the design wall, I had finished the left edge, but not the right. I wanted to make some more blue blocks for the last full row, so I wasn't sure how it was going to end up. Since I decided to wind the rows back and forth a little, the edges don't turn out even. I hung the design wall in the kitchen over the wallhanging so I could finish planning. I marked each piece with numbered tape so I wouldn't get confused while sewing.
 Here is the final layout with the last seven (two on the left, five on the right.) vertical rows sewn and hung on the design wall. I still need to sew them to the large finished section.
Then I will have to decide if I want borders or not. I know I want to put a black border around it to finish the illusion, but not sure what after that.

What goes with cubes?  Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I don't have any suggestions~ I just wanted to say WOW! Great job!! Have a happy weekend!

Mary said...

Wowza!!! FANTASTIC!!!!

Vivian said...

This is a wonderful, complex, beautiful project. The only thing that comes to mind is that I've seen versions of this type where a block or two seem to be "escaping" into the outer border.
This is a real beauty!

Donna said...

I agree with Vivian; just a couple of stray blocks in the border. Not all the way around; just in a couple of places, as though the blocks hadn't been stacked yet. It's a very cool quilt!

Margarita said...

Wow, that is great.