Monday, May 28, 2012

Four Patch Petunia Mini-Courses



 I have been wanting to teach beginning quilting skills in a different way, more as a series of mini-courses, so I thought it would be fun to try it this summer.
Students will make two identical blocks during each mini-course, and can make more on their own if they wish. 

I have always taught beginning quilting as a complete project, from learning rotary cutting to finishing the quilt by attaching the binding, so this is going to be different for me. I hope that I can get all those important beginning steps included with teaching it this way.

 All the blocks lined up in rows. They are in the order I will teach them, so if students take each course, they can build on their skills each week.
I decided to put a small border around the Four Patch Petunia Mini-Courses model for a more finished look. If there is interest, I will offer finishing classes. It would easily make a nice throw if made like this, with the addition of another border.
I haven't done any sewing so far this weekend. I held a UFO Saturday on Saturday at the store. I have some pictures I will share tomorrow. I spent yesterday working on the patterns for the new classes and planting flowers. Hopefully I will get some sewing done today. 
 

No comments: