Saturday, June 30, 2012

More, more, more

 I got the body of the star quilt sewn together yesterday. I really like these  stars! Then I spent some time auditioning borders. I know I am going to make a scrappy piano key border using up more of my leftover fabrics, so thought I should have something a little calmer for a small border in between the quilt and the piano key border.
 Blue with circles?
 Love this green weave-look fabric...too green?
I like this pink a lot, but is it too busy?
The dark teal will frame the quilt nicely, but is it too dark?
I really like this orange polka dot, though I'm not sure it shows up well enough. Which one would you pick?

I am going on a mini shop hop with friends today...can't wait!

5 comments:

Susan said...

I can see why you are having trouble deciding...I think they all look nice!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Even though you need a first border for a break, I like the calmer choices best, the orange first choice and the blue second choice. The others all grabbed for attention and took away from the stars. IMHO

Betsy said...

I love all the wonky stars Jean. They are delightful.

Quilter Kathy said...

Very fun quilt! I liked the orange the best, and the pink was my second choice! I think the blue looks too grey on my computer, but it might not in real life.

Krochet4kids said...

Orange is my first choice too!