Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cut Up and Quilt!


There will be another quilt shop in my world next month...Cut Up and Quilt is opening in Council Bluffs! The owners are busy trying to get everything finished in time for a Sept. 1 opening. What is even more exciting to me is that the owners are friends of mine...in fact you could say if it wasn't for me, they wouldn't be opening a shop because I introduced them! 

Here is the shop front, located right off Highway 6 across from Fareway. Their sign has been ordered, but hasn't arrived yet. 



I stopped by the other day and the carpeting was being laid, so this photo is pre-carpet. You can see that it will be a nice shop. They will have a classroom as well as long arm quilting services. There will even be a man cave with a 42" tv in it, so your hubby will WANT to go fabric shopping with you.

 Kim has been taking deliveries at her house, so when you walk in, it looks like a fabric store....
 Then head out to her garage and see her husband busy at work on fixtures for the shop. What a great guy!

Now Kim started a facebook page the other day for the shop so if you go over and "like" her page, it would give her a big boost! Tell her I sent you!

I am heading to my retreat today, so hope to have lots of projects and pix for you when I get back. If I can, I will post from the retreat. I will have my kindle fire, but I haven't tried posting to my blog from it before, so we'll see if it works.

1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a great name for a shop! How fun! Have a great time on retreat!