Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

My daughter and I went up to my hometown yesterday after class to give my mom her Mother's Day gift. Many of my family gathered to work on their garden. It is huge and a big task, so we decided it was the perfect gift! We started out with 50 bags of cypress mulch and when I arrived about 1:30 they had already gone through that on one half of the garden and got 40 more. So we joined in and worked the rest of the day, and ran out again! So off they went to get 15 more bags and some red wood mulch for the path. All in all, we used 112 bags of wood mulch, laid down over cardboard, but it should be good for awhile now. They also did some tree trimming at the back of the garden. They were out there working with us too, so it was a fun family day. Work goes so much better with many involved!

The first class of the Snake Dance Mystery went well...they got off to a great start and seemed very excited to be working on it. I can't post any pictures until after the second group starts their quilt on May 22, because I want them to be surprised with each clue.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day! I celebrated with my daughters on Friday night, my mom yesterday and am going shopping with my daughter in a little bit. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Sounds like a great family outing. So nice to for your parents to have all the help. Plus, you get to enjoy it when you visit.

Julianne said...

Sounds like you had a great day, That is a lot of mulch...