Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Spell it out for me!

 I spent Tuesday  making more free pieced letters for a new project. I am going to teach this technique again later on this year. I had a phrase all worked out, and the letters made,  but I decided it was too long and the quilt would turn out too big, so I started playing with the letters to see  which words/letters to keep and which to lose. Still playing....
 I had to make some asterisks too because they are just so much fun. Did I already say that? Anyway, they are a fun addition to any free piecing project.

 I have my last Kids Camp today....more pj pants. Then I hang up my summer camp hat for another year.

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very cute!!!

Betsy said...

They look great Jean. Have u been teaching all summer?

Darling Millie said...

AWESOME Q!!! Dunno why I didn't think of just slicing across the whole letter like that! Brilliant! Excellent letters.

Barb said...

Love your letters

Kerstin said...

you been real busy. like the letters.
one of these days. lol

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your letters! And yes the asterisks are quite addictive! LOL