Friday, August 23, 2013

A little zig and zag

 I've been playing with the ZigZag ruler this week in preparation for a demo. It's really easy and fun to use.
You sew your strips together....
You cut some on the zig....

    
and some on the zag....

Then you start sewing them together. There are several patterns that go with the ruler, but right now I am following the pattern that comes with it.
I spent my last day of summer break on a shopping trip with a friend. We hit up some good sales at a fabric shop and I found these lovelies to go with a few other prints I have for a baby quilt I will be starting soon. We also stopped at Kohls and wandered through the sale racks...my friend found lots more than I did, but it was a fun day and there's always the next time....

My first day back at work....sigh....we start off the day with a district-wide "celebration", then back to school to work and a building meeting in the afternoon. I guess I can handle a one day work week. School starts for the kids on Monday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jean -

This ruler looks like something I need to get motivated to make a zig zag quilt - where did you get it? Is it a Moda exclusive?

Happy Quilting!

Lisa

Betsy said...

That is one cool ruler Jean. Have a great school year!