Monday, September 30, 2013

Quilty Sunday


A few years ago I made this curvy quilt, Central Park, and  taught several classes on it. Its gentle curves make teaching this technique pretty easy. I've decided to teach the class again, but I wanted to quilt it first. (it's been aging, ok?)

 I had sewn the back together, so it was just waiting for a chance to be quilted! I loaded it and quilted a few rows today. I hope to get it finished by the end of the week. I don't get much quilting done at night, so we'll see how that works out.

I like the gentleness of the curves and the idea of blending the colors in a colorwash effect. I used mostly batiks, though I threw a few blenders in too. I'm quilting it with Signature TyeDye,  a variegated thread with bright colors.
I am getting excited about traveling to Des Moines on Saturday for the AQS quilt show...I can't wait to see my quilt there! If you travel to the show and see it, please let me know!
Off to start my Monday!