Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tangled in the Kite Strings....no kidding!

 Saturday's Tangled in the Kite Strings class was so much fun! As you can see, they really were tangled in the strings...the piles grew all day long!
 It never seems like you use any of the strings, they just keep multiplying?
 Pat was working on her blocks 4 at a time.

 You can see my version in the background in the pic below.

The piles of blocks grew as the day went one...everyone liked the ease of this project and the versatility of the block. It's also fun to pick out characters and other things that wouldn't normally go together, but look great in string piecing. 





 Does her pile of strings look smaller?


This project has a central kite that makes a design on its own, which keeps the project grounded too. It gives a focus to each block and the quilt as a whole. 



I have so many strings and selvages, I could make blocks forever! Happy Sunday!


3 comments:

Julianne said...

I love string quilts. I have a lot of strips saved and waiting for me.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Ooh, I love the dark centered group. Love that deep colored x. Cute quilts!

sewyouquilt2 said...

love them and no I swear those strings and scraps multiply when you're not looking.