Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A few more AQS pix...

Lots of different types of modern quilts leads me to think that the genre is evolving and there is no definitive definition.  What do you think?

Here are some more modern challenge quilts from the show.




Ooohh, here's mine coming up!






This quilt is one of my favorites. I love the circular motion with those colors. It has a nice balance. It is sort of like the Circle and Spin with wonkier cuts.







 I liked how the one below faded in and out of color. Very pretty.
 I hope you are enjoying the virtual AQS replay!


3 comments:

Julianne said...

I agree that modern can be just about anything... from design to color or both.
I love your piece it looks great hanging.

Julianne said...

I agree that modern can be just about anything... from design to color or both.
I love your piece it looks great hanging.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I have a blog friend in Switzerland and she does Modern quilts so I forward your blog. She has been in Des Moines to a show a few years ago. It is a small world.