I spent some time yesterday sewing some colorful rows of squares. I lined them up on this platic lid so that I could carry them from the design wall in my kitchen to my sewing area. I numbered the rows going across and going down the left side so I wouldn't get confused as to which end was which. I sewed them into rows and left them hooked together. I've seen this technique, but never tried it.
It worked great for this quilt. I just kept adding rows to the rows I had sewn, and when I was finished I had all 15 rows sewn together, but linked. Even if I cut them apart now, they are sewn together correctly with the row marked on the end.
I know that people do take them at this point and sew them together, but not sure how easy it will be to press them going opposite directions first. I have the iron heating up, so I will know soon. If I have to cut them apart at this point, it's not really a big deal either.
I am excited to see it finished so I'm off to sew! Have a quilty Sunday!