Monday, December 23, 2013

Anybody for a little Rock Candy?


 I finished my Christmas shopping on Saturday, so I spent Sunday sewing. I had cut a bunch of 3 1/2" diamonds during my demo on the Sidekick Ruler a few weeks ago, so I played with them for awhile. I had used some fabrics from my stash, and wanted to try a different pattern of color.
 Once I figured out how I wanted to place the colors, it went quickly!

I decided to make this one square, so I had to figure out what size to cut the triangles to make it work.
 I added a border to the remaining 2 sides to make it square. Now I have a model of 3 of the 4 sizes you can make Rock Candy using the Sidekick Ruler. I'm not sure I will make one using the 1 1/2" size. It's tempting, but I want to move on to new projects so I'm not sure if I will.

 I also finished sewing the colorplay quilt together.I want to put a border on it, and don't have anything that will work, so I may have to go shopping later. Oh darn!

3 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh, I love this hexie piece! Your Rock Candy is wonderful. And thank you for the process, Jean. I invite you to link to Hexie Friday to show it off - still open. Merry Christmas!

Barb said...

Wow....that looks amazing!

Merry Christmas!!!!

Kerstin said...

wonderful. like the color.