Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A back isn't always just a back

I have been working on a new design the past few weeks for a challenge I entered. I decided that I had enough fabric left to piece a large block for the back of the quilt and I could try a color combination I didn't use on the front but wanted to. I made a 27" block, which was fun in itself as it went very quickly. Here it is next to a 12" block that was leftover from the new sampler and was just chilling on my design wall.
I love that you can see the fabric design, part of the Flower Girl collection by Margot Languedoc, so well too! I then put a border around it with another fabric from the same collection I had used on the front. It's always fun to see what you can do with the leftovers!
I didn't use the yellow in the quilt top because I didn't have the right amount for the background, but it is working great on this back! I auditioned another border of it around the floral and decided it looked great.
This is as far as I got with the fabrics I had. I need about 20" more and don't have anything at home that looks good with these, so need to go shopping. I'm thinking maybe another yellow, or a rose color. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How about a blue from the center block?

Diana Symanowicz said...

That's another thing I love about you Jean....Making fun quilt backs. I look at it and see a front and would call it done!

Chris H said...

Blue all the baby baby! lol