Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Another bag and a quilting start....

I made another Whatcha Got? bag for my niece for her bridal shower. (am I addicted? maybe...)  I put in some goodies, along with a gift card to her favorite shop. Instead of the patchwork front, I used panels of the outside fabric. I like it this way too!
The wedding is in 6 weeks. I got to see her in her wedding dress too, she tried it on because she had some alterations done. She is going to be a gorgeous bride!
I started on the quilting on my new quilt....still un-named. This one has a lot of background, so I decided to use my favorite panto.


I am using a lightly colored thread for some added interest. The background is white with light teal polka dots.
I won't get any quilting done today as I am heading up soon to sew with the Tuesday Sewing group. I am taking the demo blocks that are ready to sew into a quilt and the Which Way is Up? quilt to bind. That should keep me busy! 

3 comments:

Terri said...

Love that panto! and multicolored thread, yummy.
Fun bag, great for makeup, or a ditty bag on a honeymoon trip. You might be an addict if...
Hugs

Barb said...

What fun bag....so clever

Chris H said...

That bag is really cute... a see through panel... novel idea.