Monday, January 5, 2015

Just playing....

 I  spent some time  cutting and piecing some Honeycomb blocks that I can use for a working model for the class. I used a couple of leftover blocks from the quilt and then cut up some fabrics I thought went together that I had in my stash. I don't really know if I like the pink/purple combo, but thought I would try it. Also not sure I like the black/gray set with the zebra print, though the closer it gets to being sewn together, the better I like it. They are all sewn into half blocks now. I will eventually make another quilt out of them, but not until after the class.
I had made a few of these project bags for my great nephews for their birthdays in Nov. I had one more partially completed for a third little guy, so finished it up too. His birthday party is Sunday. You can probably guess what his favorite thing is....

 I've been working on the patterns for my new sampler design...I've felt more like sewing than writing lately, but they are coming along.
bag back
 I have cut these gorgeous batiks for another class model, but it's back to work for me today, so no sewing! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Maggi said...

Lovely bag

Dee W said...

I like the zebra print, all of these are interesting looking. Love the batiks! Will be looking forward to the new pattern. And the bag will be a hit for sure! I admit I read blogs for the inspiration. You offer alot of it. Thanks.