Sunday, May 3, 2015

Ready for a Summer Fling!

 Or they will be once they finish their Summer Fling scrappy quilts.It started out as a gloomy, rainy day, but these quilters got to work quickly and started turning out scrappy hexies! That put some bloom in the room!
 I had sewn some selvages together just for fun and cut those while they sewed to show how they could be used as well. I made other class model blocks to cut and show for class, so I will be making another version of this using all of those.
Selvages used...so cute!
I also cut some more non-piecied blocks, but used busier prints than last time (I found some strips that were just right!). I think I like this too. I am mixing some of the black/tan blocks in that I made using leftover jelly roll strips too. I really need to clean, but now I just want to sew these together!
 It would actually go together much quicker using a jelly roll, as the strips would be wider and already cut. Plus you could use a fabric collection that suited the person you were making it for.
My design consultant, Smokey
I do love scrappy quilts, how about you?
Original Summer Fling 


2 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

What a neat idea, Jean! Must try it.

Terri said...

That's a good reason to have gloomy days. (I knew there must be a reason.) Love your "made" fabric hexies. Super idea!
Hugs