Thursday, January 26, 2017

New sampler finished....whew!

I recently finished my new sampler quilt, Optical Illusions. Many of you that have followed my blog for awhile know that I started designing samplers to teach basics and other skills about 13 years ago. This is the 24th sampler I've designed and it's a bit different this time. I've incorporated some of the fun of the Circle and Spin series into pieced blocks so we'll see how it's received. It's quilted and I will get some better pix when it's bound. I will be teaching it in 6 monthly installments beginning on Feb. 28.
I have a group that's been working on Circle and Spin quilts, they are close to completion as you can see!

You will be happy to know that the new sampler is Conrad and Smokey approved.
quiltinjeanie designs

3 comments:

Dee W said...

Not what you'd expect for a "Sampler" quilt. Will you be doing this as a stand alone pattern maybe, or as a block of the month? Very innovative.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That is a cool looking sampler.

Karen said...

I love the look of movement in the new Sampler. It's going to be fun!