Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Explorer Tote...making #2


No automatic alt text available.

A few weeks ago I made the Explorer Tote by Noodlehead as a class model. I love how it turned it out and recently started to make a working model so that I can show it as class progresses in a few weeks.
No automatic alt text available.
I got all the pieces cut out and started the fusing process. This is the part that I dislike...fusing on the interfacing seems to take forever but is an important part of the process.
No automatic alt text available.

I love this fabric. It's a duck cloth type fabric, so a little heavier than what I used for the "Paris" mode. I wanted to see how it worked up. I still used the fusible fleece on the back and front, and the heavy interfacing everywhere else. It was hard to stop working on it!

Image may contain: indoor

This pattern has a great feature...a set of tabs so you can keep track of what you have cut and how many. I found this to be really helpful when cutting each of them and also when marking these pieces for the upcoming class. I will sew together a few more things before class, but decided to wait until the class was closer so it would be fresher in my mind for the class.

No automatic alt text available.

I guess I really do need 2 Explorer Totes, right?

No comments: