Friday, September 17, 2021

Love a good finish

I finished this twin size Red, White and True quilt this week. I designed this pattern a few years ago as my take on a flag design. I made a couple of throw size quilts at that time, but had never made the twin size. I had this cute cat fabric and some others I collected that went with it, so got to work. 

Red, White and True quilt, throw size with flag inspired layout.

I used a different layout in this twin sized version. 

I had a small amount of this mouse fabric, so used it in place of the white background in some of the blocks. It really doesn't seem to be this yellow in person, but it is definitely a different white that the solid white I used. 
I wouldn't normally use so much white on a quilt, but in order to use some of the different fabrics I had I decided it was ok. The border is a striped fabric with cats peeking out here and there. I had to use it, right?


I quilted it using a panto, Melissa, that I've been using a lot lately that is fast, easy and covers well. 
I made the backing out of the remaining charcoal cat fabric and a pink that goes with the original pink I used, binding it in the same pink. This might be the most pink I've ever used in a quilt too. 




5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad to see you are still making quilts.

Karen said...

That turned out so cool. I like how you did the arrangement of the blocks this time. And super fun fabric!

Pam said...

Looks fabulous!

Jean said...

Thanks Pam!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My Red, White & True quilt showed up on my Google photo feed a few weeks ago. Nice quilts, I had fun making mine.