Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Piping Hot Topper


I started a new six month series of classes recently that focuses on smaller projects. Piping Hot Topper is the first one in the series and finishes at 30" x 30". I started with this one because it lends itself well to using focus fabrics in the corner squares and could be used for any seasonal fabrics. I made mine using some summery prints I have been eyeing for awhile. 

At the pattern size, it could be used to make a floor pillow top as well. I made a couple of pillow tops using the pattern as a guide. The holiday pillow above uses the pattern minus the final border to make a pillow that is 24" x 24". The batik version below uses only the center block, adding a border to finish at 12" x 12". I made both with an envelope style back so it's easy to wash if necessary.
I personally like a pattern that can be versatile with more than one use, so I think others probably do too. 

Everyone in the class chose such pretty fabrics. I neglected to get pix of all of them, so will do that next time. 





I'm also going to teach them how to make and attach a faux piping binding as part of this class. Since the projects are smaller, I thought it would be a good time to try it if they want to. The Piping Hot Topper pattern is now available in my Etsy Shop





1 comment:

Karen said...

Now I'm going to have to make some big pillows! LOL I do love how quick this topper went together.