Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stringpiecing class

Stringpiecing class went well yesterday. Lots of strips, lots of different colors. Several people were working on their first quilt, others were using up scraps from previous projects.
Alison is working on her first quilt.
Here mom Connie is using up scraps from years of sewing.
If there were prizes for the most strips, Jo would win hands down. Hers were collected over 20 years of quilting.

 Kaelan is  making hers for her wall, but when asked how big she was going to make it, she replied she wasn't sure....we all know where that could go, right?

 Kathy has quite a collection of brights!

This mother/daughter team, Jeanelle and Madison,  were tag-teaming it, taking turns sewing and pressing. They cut up lots of handkerchiefs for a bright, fun look. I guess we know who's getting that quilt!
 Madison is a hard worker, she did a lot of sewing.

Marlene was using scraps from sewing doll clothes for her grandchildren.

It was a great class, very lively with so many ladies!

12 comments:

Margie said...

Hope you don't mind that I saved a picture of this quilt. I love it!! Will just need to figure out the size and cutting of that center thingy!

JustCindy said...

Oh you made me remember I started string piecing some blocks, I need to find those. Mine is a little different but I like the corner pieces on your blocks.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like a fun class. I would have enjoyed that one.

MyCretanlife said...

What a great idea with the pinwheels. I am in the process of making a string quilt, I have 8 squares done, but no pinwheels.

Maggi said...

They all look like they had a great time and such lovely work produced.

Julianne said...

That looks like such a fun class.

Margarita said...

Jean another wonderful idea, i am going to try this.

Chris H said...

Now that looks like something even I could do! does that block have a name??? I just love them.

Betsy said...

Great project Jean. Your students are always so happy.

Barb said...

Love your strip piece class and your family picture above...

Anonymous said...

I love these blocks jeanie :) i need to try those :) awesome job everyone :)

Sharon

Elin said...

These string quilts gave me an excellent idea!! So fun.