Sunday, May 2, 2010

Family Fun





While my daughter and her husband were here from Seattle, we had to take them to the Pedestrian bridge. They haven't been here since it was built. My other daughter and her dogs came too. Here is my daughter who lives here and my son-in-law with a little attitude.


Here are my 2 daughters and SIL, and the dogs. It was a very windy, cloudy day, but we enjoyed our walk anyway.
Yesterday, my sister and her husband were here and so we walked the bridge with them. They were here last year, but usually come in the winter so not conducive to walking.  It was a much nicer day, see the sun?
We walked a little ways down the river and had a drink at a local restaurant and enjoyed the beautiful day. This is a sculpture next to the river...it is titled " Labor".
Those men are 8' tall.

Then we came back to our house and grilled, my other daughter and boyfriend came also. It was a great time!

Today I loaded a quilt onto the frame, and hopefully will get a little quilted every day. I also went shopping for flowers, so am anxious to get them planted.

4 comments:

Pat said...

That bridge looks like a nice place for walking (when weather is nice, of course).

Maggi said...

Lovely photos. That statue is stunning.

Fabricmom said...

Sounds like a great time. I love walking when it is nice. Especially with family. It lifts the spirits. Love the sculpture too. Hey I have a quilt frame I need to put together and try out. Your more than welcome to come to Alabama for vacation and give me a hand. LOL.

Betsy said...

great photos Jean. Glad you had a good time with your family.