Tuesday, October 12, 2010

More AQS show pictures

Here are some more pictures from the AQS show in Des Moines on Saturday.
 This quilt was really interesting. The quilter had taken an old quilt (pink part) and added pieces around the edges to blend in and make new quilt blocks. She then appliqued the corn and the leaves around the bottom edges.
 I assume the old quilt was very used as the edges weren't all there. She took fine netting and covered the whole quilt with it, encasing the edges as well. See the dark spot about half way up on the right side? There just wasn't anything there but netting.
 It was just interesting what she had done. I wish I could remember the name of it!
This quilt is just fun and exciting to look at.
 The stones and doorway were beautiful...how do they do that?
 This quilt was made up of teeny tiny pieces of fabric with netting overlaid and then quilted. Gorgeous.
 I want to live here.

 These flowers look almost real, don't they? The flowers were just big pieces of fabric before the fiber artist put in the depth with many layers of thread. It is amazing what can be done...I would love to try this.
The background in this quilt was done using a colorwash method of piecing.
Loved the use of simple squares with amazing paperpieced circles and borders in this quilt.
I saw many more quilts, but sort of forgot to take any more pictures.It was an amazing day!
Tomorrow I'll show you what I got.

I got the back sewn together for the Cobblestone Path quilt last night and the scrappy binding is done as well. Now to get it quilted. Not tonight, though.

3 comments:

Barb said...

The quilts you showed are so amazing, thanks!

Betsy said...

wow! They are all spectacular!!

Juana CastaƱeda said...

Estos trabajos son espectaculares.
Un beso.