Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Top almost finished and a fun weekend ahead!

I finished sewing the Cobblestone Path blocks together, now just need to decide on a border. I started this quilt when I needed a break from thinking so hard and wanted to make something just for fun. I used lots of different batiks in this one. Seems like lately I have been making more scrappy quilts. Love them!
I tried several fabrics as border choices. Guess I forgot to take a picture of the other choices! I think I will use the green one, with a lighter pinkish orangey one next to the body of the quilt. I don't want much border, just enough to frame it. Now to finish, find a back and quilt it. A quilter's work is never done, is it?
This Saturday some friends and I are going to the AQS Quilt Show in Des Moines, IA. This is the 3rd year for the show in this location, but the first time I've gone. Many vendors and hopefully some awe-inspiring quilts. If you  are going to be there also, let me know!

8 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the scrappy ones too. this one is very pretty, but with batiks it's hard to make a bad one. that's what I like so well about them.

Pat said...

Love your quilt and looks like your kitty does, too! Enjoy the quilt show.

Julianne said...

Looks like a fun quilt to make and to quilt. Kitty approves. LOL

Have a fun week end.

Vivian said...

It's so enjoyable spending time with quilts that aren't fussy or detailed or difficult. Just having fun is the ticket to peace of mind for me.
Lovely quilt, Jean.

Have a great time at the show. I won't be able to go this year, but a busload from our guild will head down Int. #35 early Sat a.m.

Diana Symanowicz said...

I LOVE it Jean! I can't wait to get together and do it. Make sure you put together all different sizes - including a baby quilt. I have so many baby scraps left. And, of course, queen size for me.

You better tell that cat you're going to shave her if she doesn't stop rolling around on your quilts leaving her dander behind!! Just kidding.

See you in a couple of weeks for the diamond quilt. Have a great weekend at the quilt show.

Barb said...

Love your quilt!!!

Micki said...

Your quilt is just lovely...I love that scrappy look.
Micki

farmersdotter said...

Hope to see ya at the AQS show! I'll be there for part of the day. Is anyone else I know going?