Sunday, May 1, 2011

Diamonds Forever class

The Diamonds Forever class went well yesterday. The class was small so as they cut their diamonds, I cut and played around with some smaller diamonds from another pattern in the book Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilt by Kaffe Fassett. This quilt is called St. Marks and uses 9 diamonds to form a larger diamond with a bit of a 3D effect. I played around with different settings for the 3 sets of colors I had cut, so we could could see what could be done with this quilt. I only took this one picture, however! The quilt in the book shows a random setting, but I think placing them in rows looks nice too.
 Debi found lots and lots of floral prints for her version....so pretty and springy!
Carol is using rich batiks and prints. Hers will be very rich in color.

As you can see, their quilts will be spectacular as well. I still want to make another one of these quilt out of asian prints...wouldn't that be gorgeous?

Darlis stopped in yesterday with her teeny tiny puzzle piece quilt...I will post a picture later.

It looks like it will be a gorgeous day outside today.....the lilacs are starting to bloom, so I brought a few in last night to bring the smell inside. I want to finish quilting the Twisterweave Mystery quilt today, but might have to take some time to go pick out flowers too...it's just that kind of day!

6 comments:

Toni said...

Jean, I LOVE seeing your students' faces and design wall progress - such a variety of color and depth! Love your new project as well.

Diana Symanowicz said...

LOVE the 3D diamond!! It is so neat how you can change your fabric to get this. You are so creative. I love the 2 new diamonds from yesterday. The best part of class is to see everyone's fabric combo.

I can't wait to see Darlis' itsy bitsy puzzle quilt. Don't forget to post her picture!

Have a great day. Piano recital and baseball today.

Diana

Chris H said...

Wow they look neat! And I love what you did with the top one.

Rosa said...

wow they looks fantastic!!

Melinda said...

The 3D diamonds are wonderful as are the other quilts. Looks like a fun time was had by all.

Barb said...

The diamonds are just awesome!