Wednesday, June 27, 2012

More funky stars

 I spent most of Monday sewing funky stars. I am using up lighter backgrounds and leftover strips from other projects. I love finding ways to use up bits and pieces. I have noticed that some of my collections are pretty much made up of bits and pieces now, most notably my batiks. Time to start collecting them again, as I never get tired of using them.

This lavender might have overpowered the stars a bit, but think it will be ok when I am finished.
 I love this blue as a background and love how the stars look on it. This is the blue I used for my great-nephew Matthew's quilt.
I have about 7 more partially finished with a green background. Hope to get them finished today. It might be an interesting quilt to layout, as I won't have the same amount of each background color. That just makes it more fun!

Yesterday I sewed with the ladies all day. I finished the Potato Chip Quilt, and pieced the back for it, so it is ready to load onto the quilting machine. I meant to get a picture of it, but forgot. I will when it is quilted and share. 

6 comments:

Karen said...

I'm with you, I love using up my bits and pieces. Makes me feel so connected to quilters of days gone by. Your stars are wonderful. It's going to be a cool quilt!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like all the different backgrounds together. It makes each one pop.

Lori R. said...

Love those wonky stars! I've made more than a few, but never with pieced centers. Something else to think about.

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Your stars look bright and funny. And there is nothing wrong with the lavender fabric, it looks great, love them!

Chris H said...

Love wonky stars!

Julianne said...

I love the wonky stars, they would make a pefect baby quilt. Quick.

I do love useing up all my scraps.