Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New fabrics....yes, I was almost out!

 While I was in Earling last week, I found out about a sale hosted by a local crafty lady. I fell in love with these fabrics, and so did Conrad.  You can see the fabrics on the right better in the picture below. I have some other teal and brown fabrics that should look great with these.
I also got these pinks, blacks and greens there. Who could resist? My sister got some of the same ones as well.  The ideas are spinning around in my head...what to make first!
 Conrad also loves the fabrics I got at Stitchin' Tree Quilts in Harlan last week. It's a great shop and well worth the trip to Harlan. She has a versatile selection of fabrics in many styles and types. She is planning on opening a quilt retreat in the near future, so stay tuned! If you go to her website, you can sign up for her newsletter.
 Fabrics without Conrad. They do look sort of bare, huh...
 Closeup of the small print. Love this print and have plans to use it soon in a new design. The teal and orange floral  checkerboard is going to be the back of the Potato Chip quilt.
 I had a great day sewing with the ladies yesterday. I am working on a Good Wishes quilt for my mom as she begins her chemo treatments. I forgot to take pix yesterday, but will take some later.
Laura worked on this Take 5 quilt. She started it last week and finished it yesterday. She used Civil War reproduction prints in making this quilt for a friend.
 A friend, Karen,  stopped by while we were sewing and showed us her Orca Bay Mystery quilt center. Lots of little pieces and lots of pretty fabrics. If you click on the pic, you can see all the different prints she used for her quilt. She has been blogging about it on her blog, Hazel Dell Quilts if you want to see her progress with this quilt. She is still working on the borders, but I think she said she has them pieced, just needs to add them. I can't wait to see this when it is finished.

4 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Almost out of fabric....oh my word...that sounds like pure torture! Fun new fabrics....good for you.

Great quilts in the pix...thanks for sharing :)

Kelly

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I LOVE that blue 'water' fabric! I just attended a Bonnie Hunter class, but, I had to pack away all my sewing stuff for youngest son's graduation, and haven't unpacked it yet to play with my projects, including her's. Lovely!

Patty said...

Jean, you don't really expect us to think you are almost out of fabric. I know you are in a fabric store when you teach classes!!
Did you get the fabric in Earling at the old school? I stopped in when the sale started and there was a lady in there getting 2 yards of everything!! And that was the start of the sale when they had lots of bolts. I couldn't stay that long while the owner cut for the customer so I left without anything. There was only the 1 person working. Isn't Stitchin Tree a fun place. I'm looking forward to her "remodeling" the store.

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.