Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday snips

 I did some simple free motion quilting on the Good Wishes quilt. My APQS quilting machine is older and doesn't have front controls, so I don't do much free motion. I have to sort of lean over and sideways to see what I'm doing. I can manage simple stuff like this though.
 I didn't want to go through the pockets, but wanted to quilt down as much as I could. So I did a simple zigzaggy down the sashings and sort of swirled across the top of each pocket. I used a leafy panto for the borders. I got all the loose threads tied, buttons attached and binding made yesterday, so I plan on putting the binding on today. Then I will take some better pix of it.
I have an appt. with the dentist this morning and then I will go quilt with some friends. Should be fun (once I get that dentist part over with)!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I hate the dentist, least ways you have something fun to do afterwards...have fun!

Susan said...

Love the quilting...it's really a great quilt with the pockets and all!

I hope all went well with the dentist and that you enjoyed your day out!