Friday, July 6, 2012

Cubes....bit by bit...

I cut the fill-in fabric yesterday for the Hollow Cubes, Too quilt. I chose a deep reddish purple to go with the background I had chosen originally. I really like this floral fabric and bought enough for the back too when it went on sale. It's a very rich looking fabric and has a batik look to it as well.
 I love them together.
 I worked all day on getting the rest of the vertical rows sewn. I have 2 rows left, then I will be ready to start sewing them together. I still need to get the rest of the top and bottom filler pieces sewn to the rows I finished Tuesday too, but that won't take long.
It is supposed to be over 100 here today.  I have already watered everything so it can survive another hot day. I hear it's going to cool down a bit tomorrow, to 91. Yea, cool!

No comments: