Saturday, September 22, 2012

Beginning quilters

 I taught the first class of the Four Patch Petunia Minicourses Thursday night. Everyone made the Bowtie block. This young quilter has been sewing for 3 years already and now wants to learn to quilt. She came with her grandma and they each worked on their own blocks, but used the same fabrics.
Anyone want to try to guess her favorite colors? 
The other ladies did a great job on theirs as well, with a variety of fabrics.
 I can tell this is going to be a great group!
I'm teaching the Modern Cathedral Windows Pillow class today. Should be fun! I expect them to get quite a bit done, so I hope to have some good pix! I am going to do a demo on the traditional method during class as well. I think it's interesting to see this method, as it was completely done by hand.
Happy Saturday!


No comments: