Friday, July 19, 2013

Circle and Spin creeping towards the finish line...

 I spent some time last week putting the back together for my daughter's Circle and Spin Plus quilt. I started it last fall for her birthday in Sept, finished the top in Dec. and it has been waiting patiently ever since to be quilted. We went shopping a few weeks ago and picked out this gorgeous purple batik. Her quilt is made up of lots of blues, purples and greens, with some splashes of gold and orangey red thrown in. Plus she loves purple....
 I got the back loaded this morning, but I need to prep the top, so will be loading it later. I have a variegated teal thread that I think will look really nice with it. I'm excited to get this finished...hopefully before her next birthday!
 Kellie brought her Snake Dance Mystery quilt to class the other night. She and her mom took the class and ended up trading sets of blocks so she has purple rows with a different dark fabric in them. It looks really great in person!
My sister Deb, the garage sale queen, is coming down today so we are going to hit some garage sales and do some shopping. I like going with her, because on my own I go to about 2 or 3 and if I'm not finding anything, I give up. If I go with her, I usually find something I want...go figure. She's my good luck charm!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

beautiful batik for the backing. But its a beautiful quilt also.

good looking snake dance quilt. Its amazing what differnce of fabric does with the same pattern.