Friday, July 12, 2013

Love those strings!

 I have been string piecing blocks for the past week or so. There are so many great things about string piecing, but I think the best one is that you are using up leftover fabrics. That is always a good feeling.
 I've done lots of different versions of string piecing and I love them all. I usually piece to a square of fabric to stabilize the block. This time I used older fabric that has been rattling around in my tubs for awhile. You can also use old bed sheets, dryer softener sheets, or phone book pages (you do have to tear these off when finished!)
I backed it with a soft floral fabric that I had gotten on sale last year. I'm not sure how well it matches, but since I have every color in the rainbow in this quilt I think it will work. I loaded it on the machine yesterday and got one row quilted. I hope to get back to it later today.

A friend and I have plans to go to a local quilt store this morning, so I'm looking forward to that. I haven't been to any of the Omaha quilt stores in quite awhile and this one has lots of modern fabrics and batiks. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love your quilt! So much fun to see how they turn out.

Diana Symanowicz said...

Jeanne - what is this string project called? Diana