Saturday, July 13, 2013

Quilting finished!

 I went shopping for awhile at Quilt Studio yesterday with a friend. I hadn't been there in awhile and they had lots of new fabrics. They carry a huge line of batiks and modern fabrics. I was looking for fabric to make a Kaffe Fassett pattern from the book Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts and I did find a few that I think will work. More on that later...I will take some pictures of the fabrics.
 I came home and finished the quilting on the string quilt. Here is a picture of the backing fabric. I'm not sure how well it matches the feel of the quilt top, but I had it on hand and I think it will be fine. It has a really pale green background...now you know why I got it.  I have the binding all ready to sew on.
The binding looks great with both sides.
It's trimmed and ready to bind.

 Today I am teaching the Modern Cathedral Window Pillow at Cut Up and Quilt. It's a fun class to teach and I'm looking forward to meeting some new quilters!

1 comment:

Judi said...

Love the quilt your color placement makes it. Sure wish I had time to sit and sew.