Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tuesday sewing fun

I spent a lot of time working on the new free pieced letter quilt on Tuesday when I sewed with the ladies. It takes some figuring and additions of background fabric to get the words lined up how you want them. And straight. After I got it to this point, I carefully lined it up on a big cutting mat so I could make sure that it was straight and had corners that were right angles.
After I added a border, I wanted to take a final picture....hmmmm...funny, funny Diana!
Second try!
Third try...I got her, so that was a success!
It's ready to quilt.

Diana is almost finished with her Wonky Stars quilt. She is adding a piano key border, with stars in the corners.


I also taught the first session of a new sampler group that night. Barb brought her finished Snake Dance quilt top to show off. It is so pretty made out of these soft prints. I love it!

I started scraping the trim on the outside of the house yesterday. I got one side scraped as far as I can reach on a 6 ft. ladder. I started priming some of it later in the day. The weather has cooled off a bit here and it was really pretty nice to be outside. Today I am going to finish priming the rest of what I scraped yesterday, so not sure if I will get any sewing done. I am also going to my stitching group tonight... I have a little surprise challenge for them. Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Barb said...

What fun!!!! love the letters...

http://thankfullga447 said...

You have lots of patience and now scraping and painting. Love all the quilts.

Kerstin said...

lovely quilts. thanks for sharing.
I love the star quilt and the fabric choice on the snake dance mystery.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love your sign. Cute! The ladies did nice jobs on their quilts, too.

Sharon said...

Great sign for the quilt shop! I love it!