Saturday, August 3, 2013

A different kind of bike wheel...

The other day I posted about starting the Bicycle Wheel quilt from Kaffe Fassett's book, Simple Shapes, Spectacular Quilts. I got the rims sewn for 2 of the wheels. I thought you might like to see a picture of the quilt from the book. It is pretty simple, actually, appliqueing pieced circles onto a circular background. I have wanted to make this for quite some time so I was excited to start it! I'm not sure if I will do 5 complete circles like the photo, but I won't know that until I get the pieces made.  
My daughter came over yesterday and helped me paint all day. I am happy to report that all the trim I have been working on is now primed twice and painted once. It made such a difference to have her help! It's going to rest and dry for a few days while I decide if it needs another coat of paint.

My other daughter came over and brought us supper after we finished, so that was nice too! I'm lucky to have such great kids!

I want to work on a pattern I need to get finished for while this morning, and then maybe do a little quilting. My daugher's quilt is still waiting to be finished! 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Painting trim is a hard and fairly boring job, not to mention it takes a LONG time to do. I'm sure company to help really made the time pass faster. You have a wonderful family!

Dora, the Quilter said...

I think it's sweet that they're helping with what could otherwise be rather onerous.
The quilt is going to be wonderful!