Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Now for a border!


I finished sewing the Zig Zag quilt together over the weekend, so I stopped at Cut UP and Quilt on my way home from work so that I could get the border fabric. There are so many pretty ones in this collection, but I thought the quilt needed a calming effect for the border, so I got the green floral. 
My first real day at work went well, it doesn't take too long to get back in the swing of things. We are having very August like weather now...it was about 95 today with high humidity. I guess it's going to last for the next week or so. Glad I'm not painting!

8 comments:

Susan said...

The quilt looks great! (Why does it always heat up the first week of school???)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like this quilt more and more, each time I see it.

Julianne said...

Perfect border. It has been hot here to. Maybe the last heat wave of the year.

Julianne said...

Perfect border. It has been hot here to. Maybe the last heat wave of the year.

Betsy said...

It looks good Jean. Is this a quilt you are keeping or for a customer?

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love the fabric for the binding and the pattern came out really good.

Kerstin said...

nice choice for the border fabric.

Chris H said...

I think the green floral will be a perfect border, you are right, the quilt needs a quiet border.