Thursday, August 15, 2013

Quilting day....

 I found a backing fabric for the Sew Fun letter quilt yesterday, so I got it quilted. I wanted to do something fun on it since there was lots of while space, so I chose the Mini Will O' panto...lots of swirls and curves to balance the straight lines of the quilt.

 Here it is before trimming. I did get it trimmed and the binding cut before going out to paint.

 I used white on the back and ironed on the label before quilting it so I quilted right through the label too. I'm such a cheater....

I want to get the binding sewn on today. It's been raining so I probably won't be painting. We really need the rain so I'm not complaining. 

5 comments:

Susan said...

Great quilt! I'm quilting today too...it's a good day for it!

Kerstin said...

lovely quilt. the quilting looks awesome. I wish I would have some of your energy.

Betsy said...

Great quilt Jean.your quilting is always awesome

Julianne said...

Looks great

Sharon said...

What a fun quilt! Great job on the quilting.