Saturday, August 23, 2014

Bags bags bags

As you know, I'm addicted to making these bags now. I've been making the larger size bag on the Whatcha Got? bag pattern, but wanted to make the smaller version too. It's about 8" x 10" and should work for storing many items. I made one just like the pattern.....
but then for the second one I added the inside pocket. Love those pockets! I also did the checkerboard front a little differently, using only the 2 fabrics from the bag. I like this look too! What do you think?

Yep, there's that pocket. Pockets are always handy, right? I have been cutting an extra piece of vinyl the same size as the front window for the pocket. I was afraid that it would tear after using it, so I framed it with fabric before I sewed it in.

I've been making these bags to use as gifts for the holidays. I've lost count but have made about 6 or 8 now. I figure who couldn't find a use for one of these?
I made another large size too, this time just like the pattern....without the inside pocket. I love the fabrics I used and had a hard time deciding if the bikes should be the outside or inside. I think that is one of the fun things about this bag is that you can see the lining!


This is the only large bag that I put the handle on. Not sure it needs it, though I guess that depends on what you are using it for.

You can see the difference in size. The larger one is about 10" x 14". 
I like to work on small projects for gift giving in the summer since I have a little more sewing time and have linked up with SewCalGal's A Handmade Christmas Challenge. She is encouraging everyone to take the challenge and make gifts all year to avoid the last minute rush. Plus you will have beautiful handmade gifts for family and friends. If you have been working on projects for Christmas gift giving, join the challenge and head over there now and link up! You can link to this month's party until Aug. 25.

I did get some more quilting finished on my new quilt yesterday....love it when I'm past the half way mark, the 2nd half always seems to go faster! I am heading to Earling today to help my brother with some some staining and varnishing. He is building a cabin in a park near there and is ready to start some of the finish work. 

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love all your bags. Fun fabrics!

Rosa said...

Gorgeous.Love all!!

Maggi said...

Such a lot of lovely bags.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I just got the pattern and saw that it calls for an 18 inch zipper for the big bag...Is this really the case or can you use a 14 inch one? Thanks!